BUSINESS IS PERSONAL
Cameron Burgess is a global leader in creating, catalysing and commercialising world-positive ventures.
With more than 25 years of experience across more than 30 market sectors in 16 countries, Cameron is one of the most committed, prolific and experienced speakers, facilitators, mentors and strategists in the impact venture market.
“Cameron is an open-hearted warrior, a relentless and unstoppable force of nature who typifies the style of leadership I believe we need in an increasingly divided world.”Jennifer Lopez | Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS)
“Cameron is a seasoned business strategist and a no-nonsense advisor unafraid to challenge implicit and explicit assumptions, and to call it as he sees it. His raw intellect and strong character will force you to face your biggest challenges with solutions you hadn’t considered before.”Greg Berry | Impact Hub Global
For more than twenty-five years, Cameron Burgess has been devoted to amplifying and accelerating the work of mission-driven change makers throughout the world.
Cameron’s clients come from diverse backgrounds including natural health & beauty, local food, real-estate, food security, cleantech, sustainable agriculture, wearable tech, yoga and meditation, natural parenting, disaster preparedness, personal development, ethical commerce, payment processing, zero waste, transportation, publishing, impact investing, social technologies, co-living, co-working, event management, public speaking, fitness and social technologies.
The one thing that defines Cameron’s clients and audiences is not what they do, but why they do it. A polymath of impact, Cameron has observed consistent patterns of failure and success across multiple countries, cultures and contexts. Through his unique combination of searing enquiry, values interrogation, vision refinement, systems thinking and strategy, Cameron has delivered value to thousands of projects throughout Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Phillipines, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, the United States, Canada, Jordan, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, Tunisia, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Sweden, England and Switzerland.
Cameron is an uncompromisingly dedicated humanist, a fierce angel with an unrelenting commitment to the creation of a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
“Through Cameron’s totally uncompromising approach to his work we uncovered risks and opportunities that we were previously blind to, and have been able to move to action quickly.”Benny Callaghan | School for Social Entrepreneurs
“Cameron brings wisdom, a wealth of experience and connections, strategic thinking, and a fearless communication style to all of his engagements. Cameron has helped us sharpen strategy, focus on hustle, and think through our fundamentals. If you are in business and need mentoring, connections and/or some frank advice to improve your focus, impact and value, get Cameron on your side.”Cameron Neil | Good on You
“We worked with Cameron at an important stage in Hitnet’s evolution; moving from a research program to a social business. Cameron provided strategic guidance and helped us to clearly articulate the complex digital ecosystem that Hitnet became. We still use this explanation four years later, and look back at our work with him as being visionary and instrumental in our path to becoming a sustainable social business.”Julie Gibson | Hitnet
“Cameron is a person of insight, perspective and strong integrity. His ability to assess and extract the elements of a problem and connect it to a larger situation is remarkable.”
Sustainable Venture Network
“Cameron’s raw intellect and strong character will force you to face your biggest challenges with solutions you hadn’t considered before.”
Impact Hub Global
“Riddled with self-doubt about our external impact and struggling internally with uncertain structures, he brought us clarity and authority at the perfect time. Employees responded positively, sales improved, and our message became clearer.”
“Cameron provided strategic guidance and helped us to clearly articulate the complex digital ecosystem that Hitnet became. We still use this explanation four years later, and look back at our work with him as being visionary and instrumental in our path to becoming a sustainable social business.”
Cameron is a bold and brilliant change-maker with a huge heart and an uncompromising commitment to supporting individuals and organizations in actualizing their highest potential.Heidi Cuppari | Dream Tank
- Cameron is a great strategic thinker who is driven by his values. We’ve encountered many mentors and strategists along our entrepreneurship journey and few people have been able to cut straight through to the heart of issues so rapidly and insightfully. He provides a wealth of creative ideas, and naturally considers the implications of these options, including unintended consequences, which is key to delivering a great product or service to people at the bottom of the pyramid.
co-founder City Taps
- Cameron’s deep knowledge of the challenges and complexities in creating a profit-for-purpose organization was of great significance in the early stages of designing and launching One Night Stand. As both a strategist and a mentor, Cameron helped me to find answers to the tough questions he posed by connecting me into his vast network of people and resources. If you have the opportunity to work with Cameron, do it. You and your project will be better for it.
Founder – One Night Stand
- Cameron has been, and still is, of great value to our organisation. Riddled with self-doubt about our external impact and struggling internally with uncertain structures, he has brought us clarity and authority at the perfect time. Employees have responded positively, sales are improving, and our message is becoming clearer. His values align perfectly with ours, and this has created the added benefit of creating an exciting vision for both our business, and our personal lives.
Chief Happiness Officer – FoodConnect
- Cameron Burgess is a powerhouse of passion, knowledge and experience and brings deep understanding of business, strategy and planning to the table. His easy articulation and delivery of real world information and advice is priceless. My fellow board members and I would love to have a bottle of Cameron available to pop at every meeting.
Board Member – Independent Social Enterprise Network Logan
- Cameron has one of those all encompassing minds that surveys the surroundings and is able to pinpoint specific and invisible areas to others that result in a large transformation in business and in personal life. I enjoy his personal touch as well as his professionalism.
Founder – LOHAS Group
- Cameron’s combination of strategic intelligence and deep commitment to ‘making a difference’ have proven to be of profound importance. Cameron’s no-nonsense approach and expertise in developing strategies in service to mission, has resulted in astronomical leaps forward for the organisation.
Producer – Here We Grow
- Cameron’s strategic mind and planning sessions helped us to focus on what we wanted to achieve, and think through how we could get there. His facilitation skills, paired with his ability to see a path forward we may not have recognized, made these sessions incredibly productive and were essential to us refining our strategy to move forward. When Cameron joined the board, he became a mentor to me, helping me to navigate the intricacies of being the COO of a growing NGO, and being a key support in difficult times.
Former COO – The Munathara Initiative
- Cameron brings wisdom, a wealth of experience and connections, strategic thinking, and a fearless communication style to all of his engagements. I advised the Good On You team to engage Cameron to assist with its growth and expansion plans — having seen his value in previous roles. Cameron has helped us sharpen strategy, focus on hustle, and think through our fundamentals. If you are in business and need mentoring, connections and/or some frank advice to improve your focus, impact and value, get Cameron on your side.
Founder – Red Hat Impact
- Cameron is definitely an ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker with a great ability to conceptualise large scale opportunities.
Founder – One Health Organisation